High Tea Tiramisu
Here is my take on a Classic Italian dessert Tiramisu, switching the coffee soaked sponge fingers for tea soaked. But not just any old tea, as you need a bold strong bodied tea to carry this off in place of coffee. From our tea collection I recommend our earl grey blend High Tea which brings in the extra subtle layers of flavour, with vanilla and a slight hint of rose and the robust bergamot and black tea that is earl grey.
- Tea Cake Co. High Tea blend – 300mls water with 3tsp loose leaf tea brewed strong
- 250 ml marscapone cheese
- 500 ml double cream
- 5 tbs rapadura sugar
- 175g savoiardi sponge fingers make your own
- 25g quality dark chocolate
- deep serving dish
- Whip cream, marscapone and sugar together until thick and smooth.
- Place cool brewed High Tea in a shallow bowl. Soak a couple of sponge fingers in the tea and while they a still firm enough to handle remove and lay out on the bottom of the deep serving dish.
- Spread over the cream mixture on the sponge fingers and then grate some dark cholocate over this.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you have used up all the sponge fingers and cream mixture, finishing with the cream mixture as the last layer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before serving grate more chocolate and sprinkle cocoa powder. ENJOY!