Cold Brew Tea
Did you know you can brew your tea in the fridge? This is a slow brewing method taking 4-10 hours depending on which of your favourite Tea Cake Co blends you use. Cold brewing tea yields a smooth naturally sweeter tasting tea, this is because there is a drop in catechins and caffeine with this method.
Things you will need:
- A large jar or jug.
- Any Tea Cake Co tea or tisane blends we particularly enjoy Berry Ted Tonic and Sencha Green for our cold brews.
- Liquid sweetner such as honey, maple syrup, agave (optional.) Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Space in your fridge.
- Fill your jug with 6 cups of alkaline filtered water.
- Add 3 heaped tablespoons of tea or tisane and give it a stir.
- Place jug in the fridge and allow to brew for 4-10 hours. See brewing guide below.
- Strain tea and serve on ice. You can add sweetener and lemon or apple cider vinegar for a different flavour profile.
For a single serve cold brew tea “on the go” use our bamboo and glass tea infuser bottle. Place 2 teaspoons of your fave tea blend and add water. Leave in the fridge according to the recommended brew times below.
Brew Times :
- White & Green Teas – 4-6 hours
- Oolong Tea – 6-8 hours
- Black Teas & Herbal Tisanes – 10 hours
Shop Teas & Tisanes