Carrot and Pistachio Cake Recipe with Mascarpone Cheese Icing
This is a moist cake with the goodness of carrots and pistachio nuts giving a nutritional boost. You can use either of our Vanilla Olive Oil Cake Mixes, original wheat flour or spelt flour versions to make this delightful cake. Our lemon drizzle icing mix included with our cake mix packs is very versatile, in this recipe we convert it into a luscious mascarpone cheese icing.
- 1 pack The Tea Cake Company Olive Oil Vanilla Cake mix original or spelt cake mix
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts chopped
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 250ml olive oil
- Follow cake mix instructions on back of pack.
- At the mixing stage add grated carrot and chopped nuts.
- Continue with instructions as normal to bake.
- For mascarpone icing empty content of icing sachet into a bowl and whisk in mascarpone cheese until smooth. (Do not add lemon juice for this icing)
- Ice your cake when cooled.